1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Crashing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JonDefault, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonDefault

JonDefault Thread Starter

So the overall issue is that my PC (Desktop) is crashing continuously without any warning signs. It runs well with standard programs running at once, Meaning discord, firefox, and spotify running at once, even FL Studio in the mix at times. But the moment I run a game, it crashes, it has only been a select few though, The games are, CSGO (Which I have played many of times on this same setup and had no problems, It just crashed on Minecraft, which this was the first time I loaded it up on this PC. It has been going on for about a month now and I have finally gotten done with ignoring my favorite games to avoid this issue. I can play games like For Honor and Destiny 2 just fine with no stuttering. I can't think of anymore to add on so here are my Specs

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4350 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8168 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, 1280 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 448 GB (60 GB Free); D: 16 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., GA-78LMT-USB3 6.0
    Antivirus: None

Thank you for your time!

P.S. The only thing I could think of it being is my power supply failing some how, it is the right amount of wattage, It is a Corsair CX550M, could it possibly be the wall outlet not outputting enough. If no one else can figure something out I might just take a multimeter to it then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice