1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by FoxXy069, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FoxXy069

FoxXy069 Thread Starter

hey guys

i'am new on this forum and i hope u guys can help me..

if i play battlefield bad company 2 or call of duty 4 i get a bluescreen after a while..i never had it before..
    and its only with those games .. with call of duty black ops no problems or anything ,, i allready did a clear reinstall but it wont help..

pc spec

intel core i5 750 2.67Ghz
    ATI Radeon HD 5770
    Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 (motherboard)
    Windows 7 64bit

(i hope the picture is a little clear to u guys,, hope u can help me with fixing it ..)

Attached Files:

2. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

This could be 1 of quite a few things.
    More often than not, the BSOD your seeing is caused by overheating, or overclocked CPU's.

Im assuming your CPU is not overclocked since this was not mentioned when you detailed you system.

Another thing worth checking which can cause this BSOD is check your RAM voltage within your bios. Most should run at about 2.2, anything less than that may cause this problem.

3. FoxXy069

FoxXy069 Thread Starter

ow mm k, yea i dind overclock it ,, probably overheated

thnx

4. neil21stirling

neil21stirling

might be worth taking your cpu back down to normal speed, or increasing your towers cooling.
    Strange that only happens with some games and not others, but the ones your having the problem with are probably overusing the cpu.

5. FoxXy069

FoxXy069 Thread Starter

its indeed weird only with those 2 games and i never had the problems with the games..

6. FoxXy069

FoxXy069 Thread Starter

still dind fix it.. i gonna buy a other pc case with better airflow i hope is works..

7. FoxXy069

FoxXy069 Thread Starter

hey guys i know what it is.. cpu getting overheatted but how can i fix that ??

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice