PC disconnects from Wifi when laptop is on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

umbakarna

Hi.. When I am not using my laptop, the PC's connection is fine, but once I'm using it (not downloading or uploading, just basic time wasters, YT, FB, 9Gag..), boyfriend's PC gets disconnected repeatedly no matter if he's playing online games (WOW), or just watching YT and stuff.. His PC is closer to the router, it's newer and stronger in any way, it's a gaming computer.. My question is.. what can it be about my comp, that steals all the wi-fi? We've had this problem once before in another apartment with other computes, but back than it was one roommate had Ubuntu and when she was online, all of us with windows were screwed.. once she installed windows all of our connections were just fine.. but now me and the boyfriend both have win10.. I have built in adapter, he's using usb.. How can I fix my comp? Thanks for answers

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190830001115.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
Hard Drives: C: 905 GB (640 GB Free); D: 23 GB (2 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 229C, ver 78.21, s/n PEWMU018J8T19H
System: Insyde, ver HPQOEM - 1, s/n 5CD525820W
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Antimalware, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Try shutting down both computers, then reboot the router. Next, turn on one computer, then make sure you can connect to the internet, then do the same for the other computer.

Do you know if any of the computers are using static IPs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online