1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC does not start randomly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Abish, Oct 7, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Abish

Abish Thread Starter

I have been facing this problem last few weeks, I normal use my pc and shutdown it. Next day when I turn on my pc it won't start. There is power supply to motherboard (light in board and lan port are blinking) but when press the button nothing happens , just looks dead. So I took it to computer shop he reassembled the PC and turned on it was on. After 10days of usage again randomly next day pc won't turn on ,Same issue again. I was busy and didn't check my pc for two days , then after two days I turn on , pc turned on. Then after 1 day as usual I turned on it won't start so again waited 2days then it turned on. I was kind of wired so please help me. Is my motherboard or power supply is the problem.
    Specification:
    Ryzen 5 1600
    550w psu
    Asus prime A320-M motherboard
    Gtx 1060 mini
    Windows 10 pro 64bit

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Believe it or not, it’s almost certainly an even easier and way cheaper fix:
    Your power switch.

Those symptoms are indicative of a failed power switch. Now granted it COULD be an issue with board or PSU, esp if your psu is a cheap unit . (Please provide make and model of psu so I can rule that out)

A power switch is generally less than 10$ so it’s a cheap easy way to try to fix the issue.

Abish likes this.
  3. Abish

Abish Thread Starter

My psu is crosair vs550. If the problem is with button why it turns on after some days

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Abish, that’s a good power supply. While it’s not impossible for that power supply to be bad it likely isn’t cause most Corsair units are solid and well built.

As for the switch, that’s likley the culprit. When the switch goes bad it simply won’t make contact all the tine when it’s depressed it may or may not send the signal all the way sometimes:

If you want to be 100% sure, take the side cover off the tower and trace back the wires from the power switch to the connector on the board.

Once located, unplug the power switch and then use a screwdriver to “bridge” the connection between the pins and see ignore it turns on. If so, your switch is bad. If not it’s likely a psu issue or a motherboard issue.

Abish likes this.
  5. Abish

Abish Thread Starter

Ok
    Ok I will try that

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If that does not solve it
    Update chipset drivers
    Version 1.7.29.0115 2019/08/0249.87 MBytes
    AMD Chipset driver
    - Fixed Destiny 2 application launch issues.
    - Updated AMD Ryzen Balanced power plan
    - Update AMD chipset driver 19.10.xx first before update this driver

Downloaded DOWNLOAD
    Version 19.10.22 2019/07/31370.31 MBytes
    AMD Chipset Driver
    Install AMD Chipset Driver.

from here
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_Download/

metallica5456 and Abish like this.
  7. lynx1021

lynx1021

Also the place where the wire from the power button plugs into the motherboard might be loose. Happened to me!

Abish likes this.
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice