PC doesn’t start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Oliver44671

For the past months I’ve had the problem where my stationary computer doesn’t boot up. It lights up and 2 out of 3 fans starts as well, but there’s no signal to monitor nor keyboard. Usually I have to wait 15 hours or so without starting it for it to work, but sometimes the downtime’s are random. It’s really annoying and if anyone knows what’s wrong with it lmk.

crjdriver

You are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag# If this is a custom build, post the exact motherboard, processor, video card, pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Oliver44671

Graphic card: Asus Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Processor : i5 6400
motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B15 Gaming K4.
Ram R16 GB Hyperx Fury
Powersupply: Corsair CX430M 430W
Disk space: 240GB 2.5" SSD og 500GB HDD

roughly translated from Norwegian.

crjdriver

One thing that just jumps out at me; your pw supply. You are very close to minimum spec on the pw supply AND the cx series is for a basic build. Do the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Open the side cover and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, lan, etc. Pull out your video card and connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard. Note there is a latch or lever that must be depressed to pull the video card. Do not just yank it out; you will break something
4 Pull out all ram and blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall ram and be sure it is fully seated
5 Reseat ie remove and replace both atx and aux/cpu pw connectors. Again be sure they are fully seated
6 Disconnect any usb device ie printer, hub, etc. Leave the keyboard connected
7 Clear cmos with the clear pins for a minimum of 10 seconds
8 Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. If the motherboard successfully completes POST, shutdown and repeat a few times to make sure it really works. Now start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the motherboard will not POST in the above config, then you are going to have to swap parts with known good units. I would start with the pw supply since it is marginal at best.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!