1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc doesnt boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dan123456789, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan123456789

dan123456789 Thread Starter

So I was watching a video on my computer when all of sudden I got a blue screen with a smile face with error saying ntfs which seems to be a issue with the hard drive and the compute froze. I restarted my computer for it to do it again 2 minutes later. After another try I wanted to boot the computer in safe mode but nothing appeared on the monitor. After numerous attempts I knew something was wrong. Knowing I had maybe a hard drive issue I decided to disconnect the hard drives but did not get it to boot. No bios or post beep. So I went ahead to disconnect the graphics cards and connect the dvi cable to the mother board and try to boot it. Nothing, so I decided to remove the ram and try again still no boot or post beep or any beep at all. Now the fans are all working power is reaching the mother board but still nothing. At this point I took the mother board battery off to clear cmos for a couple of minutes. Boot it up again and still nothing. I have disconnected basically everything and still not boot up. I think the mobo is dead but still not sure. wondering if theres anything else I need to do. Thanks

Specs:
    intel i7 processor
    MSI A170 pro carbo mobo
    4 sticks of cosair 4gb ram
    1 samsung ssd
    2 WD 1TB hard drive
    ASUS gtx 1070 turbo
    LG optical drive
    1000w HIghPower psu
    Cosair liquid cooling cpu cooler

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice