1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC doesn't recognize xircom card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by monty-jay, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

Hi All...As you might know, I was having trouble starting win98 and I recently was able to fix that. Now I am almost all the way done with fixing my laptop back up, but I have one thing left and I don't know what to do. I have a xircom pc card that I use to connect to the net and my laptop is NOT recognizing it...Is there any way I might be able to get this working again?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Did you run the installation for it? It came with a floppy disk, correct?

3. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

It did, but I do not have any of the software. I bought this off of a friend of mine about two years back and he never gave me the rest of the software. Would that be my only option, to try and reinstall the card's software? I can't just search for a driver?

ITs reading the card slot ok, but it just won't recognize the xircom card. I kept all the old files/folder for it when I reinstalled windows, so its still there. would there be anyway I could use that to help me?

4. ~Candy~

5. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

Thanks, but I tried that as well and it did not seem to help. It did download some adapter and part of the xircom utilities recognize that, but the problem is it won't recognize any xircom modems. I have downloaded maybe 4 drivers/apps that I believe relate to my xircom realport card, but none have helped with the missing xircom modem issue...

6. ~Candy~

Does it appear in the control panel, system, device manager?

7. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

the only thing that comes up is something like under other devices:

"? PCI Ethernet card controller bus"

(I don't have the laptop with me to double check what it says)

But no mention of xircom anywhere...

8. ~Candy~

What does it say the problem is? What happens if you choose update driver and point it to the stuff you downloaded?

9. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

it says something like no drivers can be found, the best driver is currently in use, etc...

When I try and update the driver at the "? PCI Ethernet..." it says none can be found...

10. ~Candy~

Remove it from device manager.......leave the card in the slot, then restart.........will windows find it and ask for drivers?

11. monty-jay

monty-jay Thread Starter

I will have to check when I get home.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice