1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC doesn't see NIC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by camaro_ls1, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camaro_ls1

camaro_ls1 Thread Starter

I've installed a NetGear NIC but the computer won't recognize it upon start up. I've installed and uninstalled several times trying to get the plug and play device wizard to run. What can I do to fix this?

2. camaro_ls1

camaro_ls1 Thread Starter

I think I know where the problem lies. I don't think the box "knows" it has a PCI slot. I don't know what controls this though, maybe a virtual device driver? When I go to the Microsoft System Information program and I click on any of the Hardware Resources options, it says "Can't display info. The component which displays this info is not functioning properly or is not present on this machine." So what controls this?

Can anyone help...Please?!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63423

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice