Pc doesn't show image on monitor

OnyxYTTV

So when I turn my computer On the fans and leds turn on but it doesn't show anything on my monitor. Also my mouse and keyboard leds turn on but turn on a second later. What could ve causing this?

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, exact video card, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#

In addition, is this a new build, a system that has been working, any new hardware added?

plodr

Liz
Have you tried booting into the BIOS or safe mode? If nothing ever shows on the screen then the cause might be a dead video chip on your motherboard or a dead graphics card. Since you gave no specs, we have no idea if you are using a laptop or a desktop PC.

my mouse and keyboard leds turn on but turn on a second later.
Was that supposed to say turn on but turn off a second later?

Sounds like a hardware problem. Try and connect your TV or another monitor to your PC. If that solves the problem your monitor, cable or connectors have a problem.
If that does not help, your graphics driver or graphics hardware must be examined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online