1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC equivelent of various consoles?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fenderjaguar, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenderjaguar

fenderjaguar Thread Starter

i know this must get asked a lot, and there must also be stuff out on the net too. but i'm dambed if i can find anything....

anways, it's a very complicated question, but what do you think the PC equivelent spec of, for instance, a playstation 2 would be? and maybe other consoles too...

2. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

What do you mean by equivelent?:confused: You mean in hardware parts or in capabilities?

Anyway, if you are interested in buying a gaming PC consider the following:
    -PCs are usually better in games because of their more powerfull hardware. But the gamer's dream machine needs a great sum of money to be given away...Do not except a 400euros PC (Box only) to provide all the graphics of XBOX 360. Consoles will play their games until replaced by the next version while PCs may need upgrades more regulary in order to keep em up with the evolting software.

As for the playstation 2 question, I guess that it could provide graphics equivelent to those of a
    P4 2.0/AthlonXP 2000 or lower with a Geforce 4 gpu and about 256MBs of RAM. That's a guess only...

If you want to buy a gaming PC search the forums for that, there are several similar threads.
    Or you could start a thread at games forum where gamers with more console experience could answer you.;)

I'm adding this here too: The old Xbox has a "cut down" PIII 733Mhz CPU, 64MBs of RAM, and a GeForce 3Ti based GPU. But it provides much greater performance compared too a PC with these parts, I'd guess it's performance it's like the playstation2 equivelent PC.

You may of course be aware of the above stuff...;-)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589921

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice