1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC failed to switch-on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bryan84, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan84

Bryan84 Thread Starter

Yesterday after I woke up wanting to switch on my PC, it failed to power-on. So I reconnected the power cord several times, later it works. Everything as normal. I felt it might be a sign of something more to come. And this morning when I tried to power on, it happened again and now I cannot even switch it on.

The back of my PC PSU has this green light, I believe indicating there is power supply. Initially my router did not show any light on the cable indicating that it has connection, (because normally when there is electricity flow, it will alreayd light up without me having to power on).... 10 minutes later, my router showed that light. But still I am unable to power on.

How should I go about to troubleshoot this problem?

2. kev1952

kev1952

Assuming you use one the first thing I would be checking is the powerboard you are using. If the computer was the only thing that didn't power up then I'd be looking at the computer's PSU but when peripheral items like your router don't fire up then it must be something to do with your AC power source (either faulty power point or faulty power board).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702242

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice