1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC failure after a short circuit

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eligotman, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eligotman

eligotman Thread Starter

Hi guys
    I just had a power out in my place due to a short circuited toaster...
    After that, my pc wouldnt start. meaning:
    I turn it on, the lights turn on, the all the fans start spinning, there seems to be some strange "woofing" noise (from what i think) the psu, i hear one long beep (2-3 seconds) and of course nothing on the screen

what do you think i should do before calling a pc repair man?
    I'm pretty handy so should be no problem opening up the pc and pulling stuff in and out..

thanks

2. getsugatenso

getsugatenso

if you know the type of bios it is [american megatrends/pheonix/IBM....] then google the beep numbers with it, so if you had an american megatrends motherboard with 1 long and 3 short beeps then look for a couple of sources that confirms that it's THAT part that might need replacing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/979231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice