PC Fan revving!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mbaybut2

My pc fan is starting to sound like a RC plane with engine trouble. Would it require a new fan or new power supply?
Mike

Hey neighbor:

Are you sure it is the PS fan and not the CPU fan? What capacity PS? Have you tried cleaning it out?

If it is the PS fan and it is something like a 250W it would probably be easier to just change the PS. You can get the fans separately but the power supply would be about the same price on Pricewatch.

mbaybut2

Yes, definitely the PS fan. When I stop the fan with my finger the noise goes away.
Mike

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online