PC fans startup & and that's all

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shmod

:confused: My son always leaves his PC on 24/7. I asked him why, and he says he has a hard time getting it to restart. So he turns it off to show me, and all that happens when you turn it on, is fans startup, CD and floppy drive lights flash on and off. No beep signaling startup -nothing, no monitor either. I want to help him, but don't know where to start when it won't even turn on. I don't know much about PC's but am trying to learn. Any advice would be most welcome. (Running XP Home - 512 ram. Thanx

Rukee

Banned
It could be anything, might likely be the power supply.
This may sound a little nutz, but it has worked for a few people on another forum and myself on occasion with an older rig where it appears to be booting, but nothing on the screen...
After you push the power button and as the computer should be booting, turn the monitor off and back on again with it`s power button on the front of the monitor. I have no idea why it would make it post, but sometimes it does(did).

ya might not always be sending the signal to turn on the monitor sometimes unpluging it and repluging works also. And when it wont show a screen if you hold inst it should post but will reset bios to defualts. When id overclock to high to be lazy id use the inst trick to get a post to downgrade the overclock.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online