1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc for playing old games

Discussion in 'Games' started by bloom, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bloom

bloom Thread Starter

Have been given a number of old games ie

grim fandango
    alone in the dark 2 and 3
    LBA 1 and 2
    time commando
    full throttle
    and a number of lucas arts classics

I have looked at dosbox and after i download it I get lost trying to figure it out. So I thought I would buy a PC from ebay to play them.
    Unfortunately most dont seem to know if the above games will play on the systems they have for sale ????.

One fellow said he would make one for me for $100.00 if I gave him the specs. So can somebody give the the best specs to play the above games

I think to start off win 95 or win 98 / pentium 4 / 32 MB video card and about 2 GB ram I dont know what else I need. Can anybody help out.

thanks

2. PrivatePC

PrivatePC

If I were you, I would build a basic home system with Windows Pro. You have the advantage of playing older games and a more advanced system. Though it may cost more, you may find Windows 95, 98 even ME, to be way too ancient. Unless you have grown up with those operating systems all of your life I'd understand.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice