Pc freeze after closing game sometimes

Lou99

Hello there. I have a rather akward issue. Sometimes when I close a game down my entire pc (with sound and mouse and so on) will freeze up.
This will last 10-20sec, then everything comes back.
If I’m on discord, I will have to leave and rejoin discord to be able to hear them again.
It has happened 2 times this week, 3 times last, and only 1 before that, so it’s inconsistent.
On a smaller note, something I have no idea if is related, 2 times when I’ve just been chilling in a launcher of a game, or watching YouTube both of my screens will go black, as if turned off for 1 sec, then coming back again. This has only happened twice.

I recently got a new graphics card in the pc, since the one it came with was faulty,it went for service for this, where they also reinstalled windows and so on. My pc is a prebuilt, under 1 year old. I am not tech savvy so I don’t know what a lot of this means so I’m sorry if I’m info dumbing, after the whole deal with my card I’m scared what this can mean.
I feel like I need to say everything else works so amazing, even if I get one of those freezes the games run super smooth, and I’m also checking my gpu/cpu usage and it doesn’t seem like there is a problem there. It’s “only” the freezes (and the two times with the screens but I don’t know what that means)

I have updated drivers with ddu
I have checked log event/viewer to see if it registered when the freeze happens but it does not.

specs:
Nvidea rtx 2060
Intel(R) core(TM) i5-10400 2.90GHz
Samsung ssd 870 qvo 1tb
Samsung mzvlb512hbjq-000l7
16gb ddr4 ram

My prebuilt is the:
Lenovocentre g5 14imb05

Don't use DDU, it makes mistakes and installs the wrong drivers. Go to the graphics card's manufacturer web site and download the driver from there.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Lenovo Centre G5 14IMB05 Desktop PC

It supports up to 32 GB(16 GB x 2) of DDR4-2933 MHz RAM.

It appears to have either a 310W or 380W power supply.

Its Intel Core i5-10400 processor uses 65W of power.

Its NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card uses 160W of power and requires a 500W power supply.

I'm not a hardware expert or a gamer, but I recommend you max it out with 32 GB of RAM and switch to a higher wattage good quality power supply.

------------------------------------------------

Lou99

Don't use DDU, it makes mistakes and installs the wrong drivers. Go to the graphics card's manufacturer web site and download the driver from there.
I think i wrote it the wrong way, i used ddu to uinstall my current drivers, and get new ones from nvidea.

Lou99

Lenovo Centre G5 14IMB05 Desktop PC

It supports up to 32 GB(16 GB x 2) of DDR4-2933 MHz RAM.

It appears to have either a 310W or 380W power supply.

Its Intel Core i5-10400 processor uses 65W of power.

Its NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card uses 160W of power and requires a 500W power supply.

I'm not a hardware expert or a gamer, but I recommend you max it out with 32 GB of RAM and switch to a higher wattage good quality power supply.

That sounds good, But surely that shouldnt be the problem?
Also just a edit, if it uses 160W, why does it need 500W? im so sorry for dumb questions, im just trying to learn and understand.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That sounds good, But surely that shouldnt be the problem?
Also just a edit, if it uses 160W, why does it need 500W? im so sorry for dumb questions, im just trying to learn and understand.
THIS is from the support site for the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card.

Capture.JPG

As you can see, it uses 160W of power and requires a power supply of at least 500W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online