Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC freeze then continuous beep

10K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Lucky09 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if someone can help. I keep having this annoying problem where my PC randomly just freezes up and emits this ongoing beep until I manually have to power it down.

My system specs are:
Model: Packard Bell IXTREME X6617 UK
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q8200 2.33Ghz
Memory: 6GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5670

I have ran a full Memtest on bootup which reported no problems with the RAM cards. I'm at bit of loss here now though and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Ash

#2 ·
Hi,
How's beeping like. See the meaning of common beep codes

Beeps Meaning
Steady, short beeps Power supply may be bad
Long continuous beep tone Memory failure
Steady, long beeps Power supply bad
No beep Power supply bad, system not plugged in, or power not turned on
No beep If everything seems to be functioning correctly there may be a problem with the 'beeper' itself. The system will normally beep one short beep.
One long, two short beeps Video card failure

#4 ·
yeah but test are being done only on detected cards. You can start disconnecting all devices but the monitor, keyboard and mouse and drain the power by holding the power button while the power cord is unplug then reset BIOS to default. if no go, then proceed to the next step.

check how many piece of RAM cards are installed. Unplug and secure them to ports again. It may work by just reinserting them properly but if one or more card has gone bad, you can isolate which is which by inserting the cards one at a time then power on the PC if you will hear beeping sound. like RAM 1 then turn on, if PC boots fine then insert RAM 2 and start the PC again then so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.