1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC freeze when no CD in CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Loub, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loub

Loub Thread Starter

CD-ROM PROBLEM AFTER UNINSTALLING NEROBURNING

My PC stop booting and freeze just before the CD-ROM is recognized (or appear on the desk) if there is no CD Disc in the CD-ROM.

If a CD Disc in the CD-ROM, then the PC boot normally but if I try to remove the CD disc it freezes.

My PC runs with Windows 98SE and my CD-ROM is a Matshita CR-588. This problem happened after I tried to install Nero Burning which I had to uninstall because it caused a problem (freeze) .

I have read on your site that a similar problem happened with Windows XP. I have unsuccessfully tried to modify the register according to the suggestions, succeeded in deleting UpperFilters but Icouldn't find any LowerFilters when I searched with RegEdit.

Hoping to find a solution after 12 hours of unsuccessfull "trying to fix it up"!

Thanks in advance,

Lou

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice