1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc freeze while playing ONLY movies

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GhoStDog_WoW, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GhoStDog_WoW

GhoStDog_WoW Thread Starter

Hello all!
    i was searching all week about my pc problem and the search lead me here,so i hope i will get the info and tip i need.Here is my problem(its not just me i found a lots of ppl with this problem):
    I use my Pc only for playing WoW,Dota and movies and all was O K untill 1 month ago when for no reason(yet) my Pc freezed while i was watching movie,ctrl + alt+ del didnt work so i needed to restart my pc.After that i check the hardware for overheat but it was fine so i started the movie again and same thing.Then i restart it again and started WoW and i played like 14 h and nothing heppend,Pc didnt freeze.So i suspect that the codec's were the reason so i downloaded the lastest codec and latest Bs Player,started the SAME movie again and same heppend,so i deleted the movie and started other one and same thing.I formated Windows Xp Sp 3 and get all latest software,drivers,codec's,antivirus etc etc.And started a movie again and Pc freezed again.So i made a lots of tests and scan's for my hard disk Seagate 80 Gb Sata Raid to see for BAD sector and there was none.And now i dont know what is the reason that i cant play a movie but i can play games all day.
    I hope that some1 knows what i need to do.
    Thanks for reading.

2. joeten

joeten

as a temporary measure and to see if the problem is wmp or all media players download vlc and try it

3. GhoStDog_WoW

i download wmp and played some movies with it and its ok but at some point the screen freeze again but this time i can Ctrl + Alt + Del and close it and when i try to play with Bs player i cant do anything so i need to restart PC.In Event Viewer there are some errors like:
    --Event ID:36(The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.);
    --Event ID:7000(The sysdrv service failed to start due to the following error:The system cannot find the file specified.) and
    --Event ID:51 (An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom2 during a paging operation.).I dont know what it means but there are still problems i can feel it and i notice my pc work is getting slower and harder.Any good Driver autoupdate programs?I tryed some but all drivers are up to date with 1 program but not with the 2nd :( . . . .
    Thanks for reading and for the tips.

4. joeten

joeten

try drivermax or radarsync both are free so good on the pocket

5. GhoStDog_WoW

Well thats what i was saying m8 , 1st i installed drivermax and i update all drivers (so all drivers were up to date) and the i uninstalled and installed radarsync and then again some of the drivers were out of date . . . So whats the point when both programs are telling me different info. Btw only 1 driver cant update it (programs tell that its RISKY) with both of the programs and that is Asus Sil 3112 SATA Raid controller and driver for myNetwork card Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 BaseT-Adapter,Copper RJ-45 cant even download it to instal it.Thanks

6. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Have you tried running Memtest for a few passes to check the ram?

7. joeten

joeten

yeah you do get differing opinions from companies on what is up to date but they generally give you info re version date etc for you to make a judgement and not all updates are neededas to your marvell yukon try this page http://www.soft32.com/download_178539.html should be it and try jsanguancheu suggestion from here http://www.memtest.org/

8. GhoStDog_WoW

Well i test my memory and passed the test no errors found.About my network card i up date.But i think its best to test all my hardware parts,so can u tell me some others testing programs for my other parts ?Thanks.I think i have a problem with my hard disc or my CPU.I noticed that my CPU dont works ok cus when i Ctrl + Alt + Del and in Performance i see a lots of time 100% used with no back ground programs only when i Ckick Refresh on the Desktop.Thanks!

9. joeten

joeten

to test your hdd try the mfr site for the tool you also try everest ultimate google it you can find out quite a bit with it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/795400

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice