1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc freezes and crashes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kelvie, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kelvie

Kelvie Thread Starter

Hey, I have frequent freezes on my pc were the mouse is fully responsive but not able to open things and videos freeze. Also sometimes my usb devices get disconnected for a second. Sometimes i get BSOD with codes like; critical proces died, unexpected store exception, memory management. This mostly happens when running games this started a few days after moving the pc. Ram is checked, 2 drives too, gpu is unlikely since i never saw weird artifacts on my screen +furmark benchmark can run for a few hours . This is a very high-end pc, bios is updated,windows reinstalled, firmware on drives are up to date, drivers are up to date. Also the bsod doenst seem to create any dump file. Doing a cpu benchmark, the pc crashes. So this indicates a cpu problem?!! Wrong, when doing a stability test without cpu load the pc still locks up and crashes so I think my mobo is failing, is this possible after a car ride the mobo is a lil damaged?

here is a video about this problem:
    View: https://youtu.be/StBVSUWMfsg
    this problem started a few days after moving the pc but i checked all the cabels and visaully checked hardware and it seems to be fine. Sometimes this problem is gone and comes back after a few days. This is really annoying because I'm rehabilitating from a Braintumor I had and in between hospitals I only have my pc/gaming.. (not trying to be pity here just giving the context) Also I brought it to a pc repair shop and there they had no clue... I'm considering a buying a new pc while I have a pc here with part warranty.. Also when doing a benchmark this fan turns iregularly here is a video:
    View: https://youtu.be/R1yfdKcttPE
    Also sometimes my ssd doesn't get recognised.

2. replay

replay

When u say ram is checked what exactly have u done??

3. Kelvie

Kelvie Thread Starter

Multiple benchmarks, also of course put one ram stick in at the time and checked the memory slots...

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Have you run MemTest 86 on each stick of RAM? If not, do that and allow at least 4 passes. If you get an error, you can stop and put that stick aside and move on to test another stick.

5. Kelvie

Kelvie Thread Starter

Thank you for taking your time to reply
    I actually did that and wasted around 6 hours on this, btw my set of drr4 ram is not on the qvl list (I did research about this pair and should just work fine) but I would not see why I got this problem only after a few months.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice