1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc Freezes during Windows 7 Installation.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by spazzo246, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spazzo246

spazzo246 Thread Starter

Just today I was formatting my brothers laptop. Upon doing a fresh install of windows 7, Mid way through installation the pc would freeze. At the same time of this freeze I Noticed that there were small graphical glitches and pixels appearing on the screen. Heres a link to a video i recorded (http://www.filedropper.com/vid201501161503251)

Before I decided to format and fresh install the PC would work fine and it would load windows ok with no problems/graphical glitches.

I tried to force power off the laptop and do the install again, but it would either black screen or do the same thing as listed above.. Im not to sure what may be causing this problem.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

What is the make and full model of the laptop please

Was Windows 7 the OS that was on the laptop before your install

If so what was the reason for the format and install - were there already problems and if so what please

Is the install from a Microsoft DVD
    A copied DVD if so from where please
    A reinstallation disc from the laptop manufacturer
    etc.

Are you installing to unallocated space or to a partition

3. Johnny2K

Johnny2K

Maybe some slight damage to the disc. I've had good luck using ImgBurn (free) in such cases to make a copy (Create image file from disc). Under Read errors mine is set for 10 retries (software) and Hardware retries is set to 3. Turn verify on and try making an iso.

4. spazzo246

spazzo246 Thread Starter

Before I go any further Its my cousins computer that I am fixing. Didnt want to make things more complicated

Asus x52n

Yes

She forgot her windows password and her Pc needed a clean up so I decided to format. I tried multiple password recovery measures but there was only her account (which she forgot the password to) and the Guest Account. There were no problems before

NO

From my brothers Pc. The one he used when he installed windows.

NO

Its to a Partition

What i also noticied is that she wasnt using the correct charger for the laptop. She is using a Toshiba charger which outputs 4.7 amps and the laptop input is 3.42 amps.

Not sure if this has to do with anything. Could to much power cause certain pc components to become damaged?

Hope this helps

5. Macboatmaster

Is it the same version of 7 as was on the laptop
    eg Windows 7 Home Premium for example and the same bit

The error is not indicative of the charger and if it has been OK with the Toshiba charger for sometime - then of course there is even less reason to suspect that is anything connected with the cause.
    It is however unwise to use other than the "original charger" or an OEM specification - the critical aspect being the voltage it supplies at a given resistance of the charging circuit and battery on the Asus.

6. spazzo246

spazzo246 Thread Starter

im not to sure which version of windows 7 was on there originally. Im upgrading it to windows Ultimate. (I dont believe there was windows ultimate on there originally)

7. Macboatmaster

How please are you going to accomplish that -
    is the product key - licence available for use on this computer

Sorry about any confusion
    I thought this was YOUR brothers laptop = what has then confused me is that you say

so I apologise if I have misunderstood the situation.

If the Windows 7 that you are trying to install - by way of the licence for it, is IN USE on another computer then it cannot of course be installed on this one.

Some OEM installation discs will NOT install on another OEM computer.

I would try if you are able to use that version and licence key on this computer an install to ONE unallocated space for the whole drive

Windows will sort the partitions for you.

If the disc is a copy of a disc then as previously mentioned the burn of the copy may be faulty

Installation
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/219487-clean-reinstall-factory-oem-windows-7-a.html

8. spazzo246

spazzo246 Thread Starter

My methods are probably very unethical, But I am using a torrented version of Windows ultimate, I have used this same version many times in the past and it has worked fine with no problems

9. Macboatmaster

Sorry

I admire your honesty, as you have saved me wasting my time

I will ask for the topic to be closed as this site does not condone the use of any such methods OR provide any help in connection with them

Please see our rules
    http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

As I said your honesty is appreciated.

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Thread closed, we do not provide any assistance to those using pirated software.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141282

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice