Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pc freezes/loses signal when inserting usb wireless antenna

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  replay 
#1 ·
Pc runs smoothly without the antenna, but when I plug it in it loses signal. It won't even boot if the usb is still plugged, so I can't have access to the internet to. Any solutions please?

(Format not an option since the pc is already formatted)

#3 ·
Hi Dafreezz, and welcome to TSG.

When you say "usb wireless antenna" are you referring to a USB WiFi adapter that has a built in antenna or are you referring to an antenna that attaches to a USB based WiFi adapter?

In any case please give us the following details ...

1) Brand and model number of the USB wireless device

2) Brand and model number of the computer into which you are plugging the USB device

3) Exact version of the operating system running on the computer

4) Did the USB device require you to pre-install any drivers or other software? If so, did you install the software and drivers per the instructions that came with the USB device?

#4 ·
It is a wireless adapter that connects me to WiFi.

I am pretty sure the problem is with the usb ports since i never had any problems with that, so i highly doubt it is the manufacturer's problem.

The adapter is a plug in and no CD is required to work.

Windows version is win 7 ultimate 32

#8 ·
The USB sockets can get damaged , try a different socket with your USB Wi-Fi adapter. Is it a desktop or laptop? You can get a USB HUB to plug into a known good socket to save wear and tear.

#9 ·
A USB Hub is indeed a good idea, but the thing is that the computer still has an issue since sometimes because of that it may not even boot with the first try. It is kinda stressing to have a PC that can get Blue Screen anytime. I strongly believe it has something to do with the drivers or the usb port itself, i somehow need to fix that, not just try to avoid it.

#10 ·
Get you a flash light an a magnifying glass and inspect the sockets. Some one may have tried to jam something in wrong at one time. Desktop or Laptop?
•Please provide as much detail about your computer or issue as possible. If possible, include error messages word-for-word.
•It is recommended that you download and run the http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe and include the log produced in your post.

#12 ·
We cant help until you give us your computer info. •Please provide as much detail about your computer .
•It is recommended that you download and run the http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe and include the log produced in your post. Need to know GPU,CPU, Power supply, motherboard ,computer,ram ECT!

#13 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 229898 MB, Free - 167065 MB; D: Total - 246936 MB, Free - 158987 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G31M-ES2L
Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

#14 ·
You could try (if u are getting blue screens)
Test the memory with memtest....make a bootable disk/flash drive then boot with it
Also
If u think it is a graphic error
Uninstall the video card drivers.......take out the video card and use the onboard video,
See if any change

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.