PC freezes on a black screen after long idle time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GbeTech

Hi, in the last few weeks I started finding my PC completely frozen on a black screen, in the MORNINGS.

Win 7 64 SP1
Intel i7 860
4GB RAM
Gigabyte P55M-UD2
ATI Radeon HD5700
Sound card: M-Audio Profire 610.

Leaving it working at nights means I'm only uploading stuff via uTorrent. Nothing else.
I'm regularly pushing it's performance - music production kills CPU and RAM, latest games milk the GPU, but doing that never caused crashes or freezes.

The point - it happens only after long hours of doing nothing (so far). i.e. idle for the whole night. Or the whole night and morning after it.
Doesn't always happen, but most of the times.

Some notes:
- The PC is not old, and it was connected to the internet only a few months ago. Protected, no viruses.
- Sound card has caused A LOT of problems. BSODS and instabilities - only when working with Cubase. It's a major suspect.
- Only once have I seen it freeze in front of my eyes. First windows just froze, no black screen. I power-shut off at that moment, I guess after some time it becomes black.
- A few days ago the display device crashed (first time I had a problem with it). I installed the latest drivers afterwards. Not enough time passed to state it won't happen again.

Any log I could provide? No idea which...

GbeTech

It says "The update is not applicable to your computer". (checked the 64/86 thing)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online