PC Freezes once per 1-2 days

Vicky777

I dont know if this is the case of the issue i get with the hard lag once per 2 days, what if AIO get stuck without me knowing and get degrees that goes to throttle level, but how it gets fixed after hm, i need to investigate this more, my HW Monitor and Task Manager gonna be aways on in background, when the issue happen i will check instantly if the AIO is working and what was the max CPU Temp i had after the issue.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Re this
Yesterday somethink weird happened while playing my AIO got stucked, i noticed small beezing sound and was going to check whats going on and saw that AIO disppay was stucked and doesnt turn on fans and my CPU was 91 degrees without throttling thats why i didnt saw early it doesnt work i just feeled the case window is to hot and is not normal and saw the AIO, tryed to open Armoury Crate the AIO softwere and it doesnt wanted to open i guess the softwere got bugged and needed PC restart to get fixed and it got fixed.
I found it a little hard to follow but I think as below is the way forward

There is something very wrong - as far as I can see with your setup
Your motherboard
PRIME B550M-K - Tech Specs|Motherboards|ASUS Global
has the B550 chipset

The recomended ARMOURY CRATE is

Version 3.1.2.0
2021/12/23
Taken from your motherboard site

Please go here
Armoury Crate - Support (asus.com)
download the ARMOURY CRATE UNINSTALL tool

Version 2.0.1.0
2021/12/23 496.22 KBytes
Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool

Run that and then install Armoury Crate using the

Version 3.1.2.0
2021/12/23 1.48 MBytes
Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Install

which is the same version ofered on your motherboard site

====
SORRY I am later than I said.
A job took longer than I thought

Vicky777

Also do you reccomend me to download the new GPU Drivers they realesed before 3 days, im with 496.76, or we should wait to see if the issue is still there before update them.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would leave them for the time being.
I do not think the issue is the GPU

Could you have another go at posting the details in this post

Vicky777 said:
Yesterday somethink weird happened while playing my AIO got stucked, i noticed small beezing sound and was going to check whats going on and saw that AIO disppay was stucked and doesnt turn on fans and my CPU was 91 degrees without throttling thats why i didnt saw early it doesnt work i just feeled the case window is to hot and is not normal and saw the AIO, tryed to open Armoury Crate the AIO softwere and it doesnt wanted to open i guess the softwere got bugged and needed PC restart to get fixed and it got fixed.

I gather stucked - is stuck does that mean the display was frozen or a blank screen
as you say AIO display was stucked and doesnt turn on
but does that refer to fans not turning on or display
and what is beezing sound please

and when all this occurred what please was being run - game - which one please

=====================
I know the computer is not very old but I take it you know the case to be clean of dust inside on the fans and cooling fins

Vicky777

Yes i will explain better, so i was playing Godfall a mission online and after the misssion finished i stayed afk in game and alt tabed to rest a bit, than i heared small weird noises from the PC and i got up to check it in this way i touched the case on top where the aio radiator is and it was very hot and i was wondering why aio doesnt activate radiator fans and embeded fan while im playing and i was watching the display aswell because i was set in armoury crate display to show cpu package temps, votlage and frequencies it was stucked on cpu frequencies without change to other ones, than i openned armoury crate and armoury crate had the loading logo without load, was stuck on loading without freezed screen just the logo was spinning forever, than i checked HW Monitor because it normally runs at background how i told and i saw 91 degrees on CPU and while this CPU doesnt throttle that easy i guess this is the reason of having this big lag sometimes, if the armoury crate get bugged and aio stop working i can take the cpu to 90+ degrees for some time and probably it throttling at 95 or 95+ dont know, i realized the softwere bugged the aio to dont work proper yesterday, i restarted the PC and it got fixed the softwere runned fine.

Yes i keep it clean i have compressor at home.

Vicky777

The display of the AIO, about cpu voltage, frequencies and degrees, i talk about AIO display was stucked on CPU Frequencie, because fans mode and whatever on the aio is controlled only from Armoury Crate so its the main thing that controlls the AIO working.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well as you know,. I asked about Godfall on post 37
TjMax is 90C so there is no way you should have seen 91

I would have a look at settings in fan control - which I think is via Armoury Crate is it not - although I must admit I am not familiar with that
[Gaming NB/DT] Armoury Crate Introduction (Ver5.0) | Official Support | ASUS USA

just in case your settings have been changed somehow

Unless you find anyhting in your various settings could you try it for a day or so, using OTHER than Godfall

Vicky777

Yes normally there is Quite, Standard and Turbo mode, i normally use Standard just Armoury Crate stoped working for time and this let CPU overheat, i was watching Package cpu temperature that was 91 yesterday.

Vicky777

You cant have controll on the AIO via BIOS only from the Asus softwere, even if you change the settings in BIOS about the AIO fans you wont change them really i can change other fans expect AIO ones from BIOS, for AIO is only Armoury Crate so if it get bugged AIO get bugged aswell.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I doubt it will show anything but have a look at reliability monitor
the easist way to access it is to simply type that in search bar
reliability monitor

OR control panel
security ad maintenance
maintenance drop arrow
realiability

Vicky777

I had ACPowerNotification crash thats from Armoury Crate, yesterday around Godfall gameplay the time when my AIO stoped working properly.

Vicky777

It says Stopped Working error, even Godfall have it but i didnt had issues with the game even if it says Stopped Working.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description
Faulting Application Path: E:\Games\Godfall\Aperion\Binaries\Win64\Aperion-Win64-Shipping.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Aperion-Win64-Shipping.exe
Application Version: 4.25.0.0
Application Timestamp: 619d2406
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1466
Fault Module Timestamp: e2f8ca76
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000063416
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bde9
Additional Information 2: bde966790fb2b98014a34badb463a241
Additional Information 3: 5481
Additional Information 4: 5481f690e9130ac0d0933124f0897374
-----------------------------------------------------------------

And

-----------------------------------------------------------
Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ArmouryDevice\dll\AcPowerNotification\AcPowerNotification.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: AcPowerNotification.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.27
Application Timestamp: b77bb72c
Fault Module Name: clr.dll
Fault Module Version: 4.8.4420.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 6109cc1b
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 004d54da
OS Version: 10.0.19044.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e3f6
Additional Information 2: e3f6492d76ee1f6a4a827fac1cb056fa
Additional Information 3: 404e
Additional Information 4: 404e8b54e713c725d601cec7c17b4db5
------------------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online