PC Freezes when safely removing Freecom Device

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pileyrei

Hi

I have a Freecom FHD-1 External backup device.
I can succesfully back up my pc but when I double click the "safely remove hardware" icon and select the device, stop it and click ok....the pc freezes. If I dont stop it and simply unplug it (usb) it freezes too.

Any ideas?

Im using Windows 2000 Professional and an IBM T22 laptop.

Pileyrei
:(

how much ram do u have running on laptop and do a ctrl alt delete and look at proccesses to see how much cpu usage this program/device is taking up

pileyrei

Hi Scutch

Ram is 512.

The odd thing is that checking the processes doesnt show anything whacking the cpu up? It stays on about 2%. Thats weird.

I have to reboot to get my pc back again.

Pileyrei

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online