PC Freezes while loading windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ccucu

My father's PC started acting weird yesterday. After working on it for few hours my father shut it down and when he tried to turn it on later it wouldn't start, it would just stay on the loading screen.
Last known good configuration not working, safe mode with networking not working.

Normal Safe mode was working.
I looked for errors in safe mode, nothing found, looked for startup items, nothing strange there.
I looked at services and disabled one service (Brother printer related, because the name seemed strange to me) and restarted. Windows started normally.

I reactivated the service in Windows, restarted the PC and it worked. even kept it off 2 hours and restarted it and all was fine.

This morning the problem was back.

PC is freezing on the loading screen of Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Ccucu

BrSpl service seems to be the problem :-S
I left it on manual and PC works fine for 2 days.
This morning the problem reappeared, I booted in safe mode, disabled that service and PC was working again.

I know it is related to my Brother printer, so what do I need to do.
Is there an update available? Or what should I do?

JennyJackson01

Account Closed
Go to the printer website and see if there`s an updated driver for your particular model. If you already have the most recent version, try unplugging it and uninstalling the software, then after a reboot, re-install it again and plug it in when it asks you to.

Another thing is that unless you use the printer most times you use the computer, you don`t need it running at startup. Take the tick away in the startup tab of msconfig and reboot. It`ll then only come into action when you click `print` on a document.

Jenny

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online