1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC freezing and slow start up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YesharaP, Feb 12, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. YesharaP

YesharaP Thread Starter

I have a two year old Asus UX510U notebook pc, windows operating system and currently it takes a long time to start, about 15-20 to properly turn on, another 20 for all of my icons to appear on my desktop and it’s super slow trying to just operate in general just freezing when I try to go to my file explorer. I had the hard drive replaced two months ago and did have program last like autocad and revit downloaded but never used. Aside from that theres nothing on the laptop and I need to find a solution to temporarily fix whatever the problem is for the next two weeks!!

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    What exact version?
    15-20 what? seconds, minutes, hours, days?

3. YesharaP

YesharaP Thread Starter

I thought it was windows 10, but this new drive seems to be windows 7. And honestly currently it take about an hour to properly turn on and 15-30 minutes to start any real function. I tried pressing F2 and it took me to the bios screen where the model number read UX510UW

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    It this when the slow down started? If so, then something is not right with the hard drive replacement.

Usually things are guaranteed for 90 days. Take it back, show them the slow startup and ask them to fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice