1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc freezing while playing games

Discussion in 'Games' started by rgbbuffy, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgbbuffy

rgbbuffy Thread Starter

I posted earlier about my pc freezing while playing AOC, and no replies really fixed the problem. this is what it was doing. it would randomly freeze during game play and repeat the last sound made basically a clicking noise. Well I finally found something that i think might have fixed it. i simply muted the sound. And it hasnt froze since. So now can anyone tell me from that what the problem is, so i can turn the sound back on..also this has been a problem since i bought the computer, and also took it back and got a new one that did the excact same thing. so i figured it couldnt posibly be a hardware problem. my other post has the specs for the comp.....THX for any help

2. Scorpion

Scorpion

And where is that other post? Put a link to it please. Ppl might be more inclined to read it and help ya.

Scorp.

3. HotShot725

HotShot725

Freezes can happen alot if your using other porgrams while running your game like say a firewall or a downloading sumthin'. Make sure you're not doing the above to stop most freezes from happening. The other thing could be hardware related. The most easiest way to get out of a frozen pc, turn off the power. hold the power button down a couple seconds and your pc should turn off(anyother method works too). wait a few seconds(or even a couple minutes) then turn on the pc again. it should clear up.

4. inferno456

inferno456

I Have Da Same Problem!!! :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/375927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice