1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Game won't load

Discussion in 'Games' started by trunks1212, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trunks1212

trunks1212 Thread Starter

I am trying to load "Rise and Fall: Civilizations at war" but I keep getting this error message:

Error Information
    Error Code: <-5009 : 0x8002802b>
    Error Description: <>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (163)>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (391)>Kernel\Component.cpp (1163)>Ctor\ObjectWrapper.cpp (34)>Ctor\DriverWrapper.cpp (31)>Kernel\Component.cpp (1152)>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (384)>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1526)PAPP:Rise and FallPVENDOR:Midway Home Entertainment (http://www.midway.com/rxpage/Game_Rise>

It won't let me load the game. I think it did the same thing when I tried to load Civ 4. Can anyone help me solve this problem.

2. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

Update the drives, and run DXDIAG>save information> copy and paste it on here

3. trunks1212

I don't know how to update the drivers, can you help me out with that?

4. Chicon

Chicon

Yes, but we have to know the components of your computer in order to upgrade the drivers :

- click 'Start' on your desktop,
    - click 'Run' in the menu,
    - type the word dxdiag in the pane that will open then click 'Ok',
    - the DirectX window will open; while opening, you'll notice a progress bar in the left bottom corner of the window : when the progress bar disappears, click the 'Save all the informations' button and then click 'Ok' to save the file DxDiag.txt file on your desktop,
    - close the DirectX window,
    - double-click on the DxDiag.txt icon on your desktop,
    - Notepad will open showing the content of the file : copy paste the whole content in a new post of this current thread.

5. trunks1212

Oh ok sorry. It wouldn't let me paste the whole thing on my reply so I'm just going to attach the file and hope that works.

Attached Files:

6. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

I will review it and te Min. Req of the games an get back to you in a little while

7. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

8. trunks1212

oh ok cool thanks

9. trunks1212

I did the update but i'm still having the same problem

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice