1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc Gamers.. simple questions about multiple monitors. Why use them?

Discussion in 'Games' started by lightingbird, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightingbird

lightingbird Thread Starter

Title says it all.

Recently I've been thinking of hooking up my gaming laptop to a docking station and buying a 40inch monitor or even a 23inch 3d monitor. Doing some research, I came across videos on youtube regarding curved monitors and multiple screens. I have been amazed. They looked really cool. Anyway, so I'm wondering. Besides it looking cool, why would a person play on three screens when they can just look at one? Wouldn't it be annoying to actually look to the left or right compared to just looking at one screen? Just wanted to get some opinions about this in case I'm missing out on something.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    There can be numerous reasons really. For things like FPS type games it gives them a bigger field of view (FOV), invariably they will see someone to their sides before that person sees them giving them an advantage. They may use one screen for games and the second screen for other apps, maybe monitoring voice chat software, surfing the net for something etc. There are many applications but at the end of the day alot of it comes down to cost and personal preference, I have never had a dual screen setup and I have been gaming for many years.

3. tom6049

tom6049

I've been using two monitors for a few years, but not for gaming.
    Keep in mind that if you intend to use more than one monitor
    for gaming, you should have a fast system, as your video card
    (and the rest of the computer) will be working a lot harder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!