PC going bang!

Jonathan44

My home built pc keeps going bang after about 20-30 minutes from being turned on, everything shuts down and sometimes it throws the main house circuit breaker but there is no smell or damage noticeable afterwards, does anyone have any ideas how to address this problem please?

crjdriver

First of all, you are posting in a hardware forum and no one has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs ie exact motherboard, exact pw supply, exact processor, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Next if your system is popping a breaker when it shuts itself OFF, I would really stop using it until you find the cause.

Last edited:

Gr3iz

Mark
Since the power supply is the only connection with the house electrical system, it is the most likely suspect!

As crjdriver stated above, please post your computer's entire parts list.

For example

Case:
MotherBoard:
CPU:
CPU Cooler:
GPU:
RAM:
HDD:
Power Supply:
UPS:

Without this info you will probably not be able to get any valuble recommendation.

With that said, I would also like to ask if you have it connected to an extension cord or power strip which have other things connected to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online