1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc going into sleep mode? randomly/pc also like to freezeup

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by garyww36, Sep 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

i have a hp pro 3500 with a i5 3470 with a 750 corsair psu. msi 1070 ti duke graphics card. and not all the time but sometimes when i wake up in the morning. my pc will be off until i press the power button then my pc shows my login screen. after that it never goes into any type of sleep mode or hibernation. i have all settings to off in power options. also added System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options and made it 9999 minutes.
    my other issue i was having is 1 256gb ssd will cause my pc to freeze up randomly. but another one wont that one is a 120gb ssd same brand. and the same ssd that freezes my pc wont freeze up any other pc. so im wondering if my board isnt messing up i also changed out my psu from a 850 watt tough power 80+ gold to the 750 watt gold rated one. so im not sure whats going on any help is well appreciated and im here cause i watch Carey Holzman all the time. and i also wiped both ssds and installed windows 10 fresh and eventually starts doing the same thing.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. jenae

jenae

Hi, we have recorded numerous blue screen events caused by SSD drives, typically it relates to out of date Firmware. It is important that you update your SSD's firmware. Most manufacturers make a util for maintenance of their SSD, I use crucial storage executive, on my machines.

3. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

thanks for your reply i use silicon power ssds they are alot like adata ssds i already checked for a firmware update and its up to date. i also checked hp website for a bios update and i have the latest but what really gets me is the 256gb ssd that was randomly freezing my pc i put it on a different pc and it works fine but right now im using a 120gb ssd same brand and it works fine. but i still get the random likr shutdown/sleep mode with either ssds i even changed out my dual amd r27o's and put in my msi 1070ti to see if that helped. but it dont

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  4. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

my pc went into like sleep mode again this morning. i tapped my mouse and everything powered back up again and brought me to my lock screen. but like i was saying i have all the settings for sleep mode/hibernation mode turned off i looked in my event viewer im seeing alot of error kernel-power event id 137 and DistirubtedCOM event id 10016 and warning Disk event id 157. i also noticed that event viewer has stated system was entering sleep reason button or lid event id 42 at this time. i was still sleeping so i never pressed anything this is on a desktop then 5 seconds later its saying the system has resumed from sleep event id 107. which i was still in bed but when i woke up my screen was blue and power was off

5. jenae

jenae

Hi, the error 10016 is a permissions issue relating to runtime broker it is a common error (has been for some time) it is easily fixed, although it has a tendency to come back, you can safely ignore it, it is benign. 41 errors simply tell you what you already know the machine has shutdown, they are after the event, you really don't need to get to hung up on event viewer errors many machines have them with no ill effects, it is good practice though when diagnosing problems to check event viewer. 157, is a disk plug &play issue also not really much of a problem.

Open a cmd prompt as admin and disable hibernate, if you have all settings to never, and this is a desktop like me you never use it, clears the hiberfil.sys file, and may resolve your problem, Turning off hibernation does not do this, so at the prompt type:-

powercfg -h off (press enter) Restart computer. Also change your power settings to High performance, go into device manager and go through your devices right click select properties, then "power management" and make sure none allow to turn off computer to save power.

6. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

thanks i will try that and see if it makes a difference its a random thing sometimes it can go 2 or 3 days without any sleep/hibernation problem then sometimes it will do it for 2 days straight but always when im not on my pc for several hours

7. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

well i thought it worked but it didnt i woke up and my pc was still on not powered off or in a sleep mode i left it alone till just a few minutes ago and my pc was off moved my mouse around and pc turned back on so im not sure why its still doing it even if i switch out my ssd for another ssd it will still go into a sleep/hibernation mode

8. garyww36

garyww36 Thread Starter

i noticed on certain kernel-power says the system is entering sleep then 2hrs and 5 minutes later it says event log system uptime 44434 then 5 minutes later says system has resumed from sleep kernel-power then at that exact time says the system firmware has changed the processors memory type range registers (MTTRS) across a sleep state transistion (S4)

9. jenae

jenae

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216711

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice