1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC - Good specs bad FPS or Lag?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Booozie, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booozie

Booozie Thread Starter

PC - Great specs but bad lag?

I recently got a new PC that is fairly made for gaming. Here are the specs.

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 580
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Socket 1155 CPU Z68XP-UD3
    Using windows 7 64 Bit
    Power supply: Force PS-890
    8 GB ram
    And the case is ThermalTake.

My optimal resolution is 1920x1080

So i've tried The Witcher 2 on it, and it lags ALOT, even on low settings. Considering my specs it should do just fine on High settings.

I also tried Modern warfare 2, It does just fine on low resolutions such as 1280x800. but when i turn it up to 1920x1080 it lags heavily! I dont understand why my PC would lag on a low demanding game such as Modern warfare 2.

I updated all my video card drivers. I went to windows update and got the latest update.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1011600

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice