1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC hang after 3-5 minutes and HDD noise

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lupin0915, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lupin0915

lupin0915 Thread Starter

Hi,
    Last night I was playing a game over internet when my PC started hang.
    I rebooted it and I had 4 times in a row a bleu screen with at the top a sentence saying that my HDD was not a bootable device.
    I unplugged the PC, check the HDD connections then restarted. It did this again and after few trys did boot up wXP.
    I can now boot up but after 3-5 minutes the system hang after I can hear a little 'clac' noise in the HDD. Like if it was parking the heads.

I have NAV well updated and never saw any virus. I have a fire wall but I have to open it when playing over the internet....

I am now clueless on what to do. Any advice would be welcome.
    I have read in this forum a lot of Hijack this report but I don't know what it is and how it can help me.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Lupin.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You are hearing the Click of Death! Backup ANYTHING you want from the disk right now! The drive is almost surely dying.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167898

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice