1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC hardwae problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alexcpld, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexcpld

Alexcpld Thread Starter

A friend of mine has HP pavillion a1710n, the computer was able to turn on but you could not see anything on the screen. The computer will turn on you could see all the lights on, but the fans seemed to be louder than usual. I tried changing the monitor, the video card, the power supply, and the RAM, but no luck.

Finally I decided to replace the mother board with another one of the same model and the machine worked, all I had to do than is to run the original back up Cds because it was having problems booting the system. After running the Back up Cds it worked perfectly, so I gave the computer back to my friend. The fans were running quietly after that again. After a couple of day of using it, the computer failed again with the same symptoms as before!!!

The cumputer turns on, but you can not see anything on the screen! The fans are louder than normal specially the one on top of the CPU.
    This problem is very strange!! how is it possible that two different mother boards fail the same way??
    Or is it something else that is causing the problem? and if so what? the only thing left is the CPU but Im afriad to buy another one, because I don't know if it really going to work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice