1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Health - How Do You Delete?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wet Chicken, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

Hi. Using WinME. Does anyone know how to delete microsoft PCHealth from windows?

I tried to turn it off in msconfig, but it just turns itself back on again every time we reboot :(

We need to either completely delete it, or PERMANENTLY turn it off.

2. TheJoost

TheJoost

Hi, PCHealth is not necessary and is easy to get rid of. Just use your search function and look for PCHealth, once it finds the folder right click on it and delete it. Now to finish the job use the run function and type regedit in the box and hit o.k., open up HKEY_CURRENT USER/software/microsoft/pchealth and delete it also. Job finished!

3. TheJoost

TheJoost

Hi Again, Forgot that it also has a key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software/microsoft/pchealth for you to delete! Ciao

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

Ok thanks TheJoost, I will try that, and hopefully this little proggie will go to software heaven and leave my little computer alone :D

5. sooryasunflower

sooryasunflower

Hi,

How to delete PChealth folder from windows. If I delete the contents inside those folders, it automatically creates again and I am not able to access my "Regedit" , "it says unable to edit registry". System "C:\", "Task Manager", "regedit" are all blocked by the PChealth virus. Can someone guide in removing this virus.

Thanks
    Soorya

6. ZeRealBigBoss

ZeRealBigBoss

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166102