Solved PC i built turns on, but there is no display on screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mohaider

i have built a pc for gaming. all parts are compatible, when i turn it on there is no display on screen. i have already tried removing and re installing the cmos battery and moving the jumper to the next 2 pins and back to it's original position but there is still no display. im using vga which is connected to a tv. i have an intel motherboard (dq35jo) lga 775 ddr2
specs:
xeon x5460 3.16ghz (this is lga 771 but i modded it so it could fit lga 775) (its a little more powerful than a q9650 and when overclocked to 4ghz you get the same performance as an i5 6400. which is what im planning to do.)
8gb (4×2gb) 800mhz
500gb hdd
500gb ssd (pulled from a ps4)
gtx 1050 ti
cit 500w psu 80 plus
how do i make the bios show up?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
don't see the xeon x5460 on the cpu support list
well I am not surprised - a CPU that is 771 on a motherboard that is LGA775 socket is not likely to be on the list

However as you say
maybe, the "mod" simply does not work!
I agree
There are three possible main causes
1. Your mod

Last edited:

mohaider

There are three possible main causes
1. Your mod
2. Will the TV display VGA or does it require High Definition or indeed digital
3. Faulty build

Many models of the 1050 Ti do not require supplementary power connection, taking power from slot - however some do
check yours please
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-gtx-1050/

and one that does
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TG1-GAMING-4GD#sp
i followed a tutorial on youtube for the mod and i accidently marked it solved it by the way sorry. will my tv show a display for the pc? does it only show vga displays from laptops and not pc's because it is a tv? do i need a monitor? plus i swapped the xeon with another lga 775 cpu and it works but i got three long beeps which i know is a memory error so im fixing that. i just wanna know about the tv and more about the lga 771 to 775 mod since many people on the internet are doing it.

The gtx 1050 ti is over kill for a 775 board,it will bottleneck with the CPU. It should work with your TV if it has a HDMI input and you use a HDMI cable to the TV from the Video card. No 771 to 775 mod will work on your board according to http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/#intel. I have a Modified Xeon Quad X5472 in my P43T board but I bought it already modified and the notches cut into it so I didn't have to modify my socket.

Last edited:

mohaider

The gtx 1050 ti is over kill for a 775 board,it will bottleneck with the CPU. It should work with your TV if it has a HDMI input and you use a HDMI cable to the TV from the Video card. No 771 to 775 mod will work on your board according to http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/3/#intel. I have a Modified Xeon Quad X5472 in my P43T board but I bought it already modified and the notches cut into it so I didn't have to modify my socket.
so r u saying that i should get one thats already modified and not modify my self? will it work? does your x5472 work in your 775?

Like I said, NO modified 771 to 775 Xeon will work on your board. Only a 775 socket Xeon like a X3360. Just because your board is a 775 doesn't mean all modified Xeons will work. My board is a Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G and has been tested and confirmed it will take a X5472. Only certain boards will take the X5472, it has to be a 1600mhz board. I bought a modified CPU because I didn't want to cut the tabs in my CPU socket and I looked online and made sure it would work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online