1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc in boot loop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Someguywapc, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Someguywapc

Someguywapc Thread Starter

Hi
    So A couple of weeks ago I started getting some BSOD errors related to my Ram. I then ran memtest86 to see if my ram was faulty, and sure enough it is. I then got a replacement from the company I bought my pc from and now I am in the boot loop.

Any help appreciated.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check that the RAM is put in properly. It has a notch on the bottom and it is not in the center of the stick. It is designed to go in only one way. And when it goes in properly, you should feel both ends' catch mechanism click. You would not have to close the catches manually.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  3. lynx1021

lynx1021

My brother had some PNY ram go bad in his laptop and when they replaced it under warranty it wouldn't work and after researching he found out the replacement ram they sent him is not even for his laptop and they don't make the compatible ram anymore. (he ended up buying some new from crucial)They may have sent you the wrong ram. What are your specs? Operating system, motherboard , is it a manufactured computer (like dell) or custom build ; ie exact MB, exact CPU, exact GPU, Monitor cable, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc.

4. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please Download and Run the enclosed Log Collector Tool below as follows:

Save log collector v2-betaXX.zip (XX=latest Version) to Desktop
    Right click on log collector v2-beta1X.zip in the Downloads folder and select Extract all. This will create a log collector v2-beta1X folder.
    Open the log collector v2-beta1X folder and double click on the log-collector shortcut.
    A Command Prompt window will open with the Ten Forums Log Collector running in it. Press the Enter key to start the collection process.
    Once the process is Finished, Press enter to close it.
    (Note the Output location as that is where the zip file is located that you need to upload to the forum.)
    Upload the .Zip file to your Reply

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice