1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Instantly Shuts Down - Error: 00 - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beennn, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beennn

Beennn Thread Starter

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, I'm hoping someone might have an idea as to what's causing my problem.

Problem:
    2 days ago my computer instantly shut-down while I was using it, when I tried to turn it back on, the fans started to spin and then it instantly shut down again (shut down in less than a second).

I took the side of my case off to see what code was being thrown, and all I get is '00' every time I try to start the system. Sometimes it will attempt to start again after failing; for example: I push the power button, the fans start to spin, less than one second later they stop, a couple seconds later the fans start to spin again then instantly stop (this repeats until the power is turned off at the wall).

Other issues:
    Over the past couple weeks, I have been experiencing blue-screens, which were gradually becoming more frequent (roughly once every couple days). Some days I experienced multiple blue-screens and hangs (pc would freeze for a minute, then audio would freeze, then it would either resume, or in most cases lead to a blue-screen).

Usage:
    Used roughly 8-12 hours per day ex weekends. Rarely shut-down; on almost 24/7.

Things I've done since the problem:
    - Cleaned the interior and components of dust.
    - Checked for shorts.
    - Cleaned and reapplied thermal paste to CPU.
    - Removed RAM and tried booting with different configurations of sticks (same set, don't have any other RAM to test with).
    - Tried booting with GPU removed.

Computer Specs:
    Memory: 4x Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit

Storage: 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 480GB 2.5" SATA 6Gbps Solid State Drive (SHFS37A/480G)

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 1600W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (120-G2-1600-X3)

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card (GV-N1080G1 GAMING-8

CPU: Intel i7-6850K 3.60GHz (Broadwell-E) Socket LGA2011-V3 Processor - Retail (BX80671I76850K)

Motherboard: Asus X99-Deluxe II Intel X99 (Socket 2011) DDR4 ATX Motherboard

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas as to what else I could test, or what the problem may be.

Thanks,

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Have you check the PSU? That is a good place to start.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1207448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice