1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC is frozen....but not frozen?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Deagle25, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deagle25

Deagle25 Thread Starter

Ok, this is going to be weird, cause the issues i'm having...i've never seen before.

First, let me start off by saying that I installed a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU into my computer. The RAM checks out clean.

Heres my main problem(s). Every once in awhile, when I turn the computer on, my monitor tries to recognize the system....but it doesn't, so it stays black. Happens with my LCDs AND my CRTs. This is easily fixable through a few reboots, then everything is fine.

Next up, when the system boots up, every once in awhile, it'll just hang at the welcome screen after I sign on with my password, stuck at "Loading personal settings...". When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, the taskmanager appears and the welcome screen disappears. Then its a blank screen (with the default background color in the back) and the task managar. When I try to start a "New Process" through task manager, the task manager hangs and freezes. Then I have to create another task manager, and it freezes when I try to create new tasks through that as well. Not only that, but when I try to end task, no task will "end." This is when it is booting up.

Now, if it boots up fine and I'll be on the PC for awhile doing stuff. Then when I try to open a program or something, the system will randomly just not let me. And when I try to start any new program or run anything that isnt alreayd running, it'll hang on that. And when I use task manager, it won't "End Task" OR create new tasks - just like the boot up problem.

Nothing has changed in my system aside from hardware. I've reinstalled the mobo, video drivers and ahve done thorough virus checks. Could this by my hardware? I was having ALOT of trouble installing my heatsink onto my Intel Xeon E3110 - could it be that my install of the heatsink is messing up the processor? Could it be hardware related...or software?

Thanks fellas!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/691254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice