1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC is in restart loop after the Dell Start Up screen:

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haziq12345, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Haziq12345

Haziq12345 Thread Starter

The issue occur when I tried to make to live boot of Zorin OS by following the instruction presented on this below link

"
    https://zorinos.com/help/install-zorin-os/"

After making the live bootable USB I notice my USB partition is missing from windows explorer. Then I restart my PC in order to boot from live bootable usb from there my PC is in restart loop state. This restarting issue solved temporarly when I turn my PC OFF for 12 hours straight. However the problem return when I follow this tutorial

"

Any Suggestions will be appreciated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Do you have a 'download manager' type extension or plug-in installed on your browser? The install zorin guide says specifically that these have to be disabled because it causes corrupted downloads. And it does seem that the boot media is corrupted.

3. Haziq12345

Yes I have use the "Xtreme download Manager" for downloading the Zorin OS but it was completed without any type of interruption.

4. Haziq12345

Update: I tried to reset my Windows by reset your PC option which is available in windows 10 to no avail and also I remove the hard disk from PC then I try to run the PC but it is still restarting. One more thing when I turn on my PC after couple hours like after 6 hours it work fine until I restart it or shutdown.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you are desperately trying to regain access to Windows 10, you can insert the Windows setup DVD / USB memory stick, boot with it and choose Repair on the second screen. Of course, this may destroy the boot into Zorin.

The download may complete, but still maybe corrupted. The Zorin setup page should know why they are recommending what they are recommending. Some Linux setup discs have a check install media option, if Zorin has that, you may want to try it.

6. Haziq12345

"You can insert the Windows setup DVD / USB memory stick, boot with it and choose Repair"
    I already tried that but it does not work my pc is still in a restart loop. Furthermore I have removed all the peripheral including the rams but the problem still there. Due to these results I think the problem in the bios of the pc as it Zorin Os might modified or make changes in the bios of the pc which causes the pc to restart.

7. Haziq12345

Update 2: I have updated the bios of the computer but it cause the error in my pc now when I turn on the Pc I get the error "ACHI bios not installed" . I have look internet for the solution but non solution work. Also the system is still in restart loop.

8. lynx1021

lynx1021

It would help if you would Post the specs for your Dell system, especially the service tag, sounds like you used the wrong Bios , what bios did you use?

9. Haziq12345

PC Specification:

Model Dell Workstation Precision T5500

Service Tag: 624HCP1

Operation System: Windows 10

Ram:16 GB, 4 RAMS Installed 4 GB Each

Hard Disk: 2 Hard Drive Installed (1st Hard drive 500 GB) and (2nd Hard Drive is 1 TB)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

10. Haziq12345

Update 3: After updating the bios version from A16 to A17 the problem still occur. Afterwards I factory reset the bios to dell factory default bios but the system is still in restarting.

11. lynx1021

lynx1021

There is an urgent A18 bios file name T5500A18.exe here https://www.dell.com/support/home/u...=8VJHV&oscode=WW1&productcode=precision-t5500 That error message "ACHI bios not installed" may be because your operating system was installed with ACHI on and it has defaulted Back to IDE. I had installed my windows 7 system with IDE enabled, to Change it to ACHI I had to change a registry setting and reboot to bios and then change the Bios to SATA (AHCI). If you change it to SATA without changing the registry it wont boot to windows. They have to match.

12. lynx1021

lynx1021

There is an urgent A18 bios file name T5500A18.exe here https://www.dell.com/support/home/u...=8VJHV&oscode=WW1&productcode=precision-t5500 That error message "ACHI bios not installed" may be because your operating system was installed with ACHI on and it has defaulted Back to IDE. I had installed my windows 7 system with IDE enabled, to Change it to ACHI I had to change a registry setting and reboot to bios and then change the Bios to SATA (AHCI). If you change it to SATA without changing the registry it wont boot to windows. They have to match.

13. Haziq12345

My pc now working without any issue. What I have done is arranged a graphics card which I have replaced with my original card. Afterwards I test my pc it was working fine without any restart issue, then I installed fresh windows 10 and use it for half hour in order to test it. When everything was working fine I replace this card with my original card. Now after swapping the original back to cpu does not bring the restart issue. Means the pc working fine with the original card also. I don't know how restart loop is resolved but I am glad this is fixed. I can only make assumptions. Maybe there was some bug in the bios which causes the restart loop and due to which my original card causing restart loop and when I would had swap it with arrange card (which is low end card) the bios would have able to fixed the issue. Anyway Thanks for you all for assistance and if anyone have the clue or idea of what causes the problem to resolve kindly comment it. It might be helpful for future reference or others. Cheers

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice