PC is restarting itself

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Corleone

My PC is restarting itself randomnly and it doesn't seem to be caused by any particular program.

I have done a Housecall Virus scan and nothing was found, and I have searched for evidence of blaster, which isn't present.

The only thing that I think it could be related to is that I recently upgraded to Win 2000, and deleted my twain and twunk files and reinstalled the latest ones and drivers inorder to get my scanner to work.

thanks in advance

Corleone,

Specs? Could be:

Over-heating, PSU, RAM.

Make sure all cards are firmly seated.

MysticEyes

Banned
The only thing that I think it could be related to is that I recently upgraded to Win 2000, and deleted my twain and twunk files and reinstalled the latest ones and drivers inorder to get my scanner to work.
Seems like this is where you must look. Try deleting anything related to the scanner (and unplug it) and see if this cures the problem. If this cures it, go to the scanner's site and check under support for any W2000 fixes. There also may be a problem with your W2000 upgrade.

you can also check this.

right click my computer and click on properties. then the last tab (advanced) and then "startup and recovery" and uncheck "automatic reboot" under "system failure"

it requires a restart. then if it reboots on its own you can see if you get a error screen (Blue screen of death) this will give you the file it crashed on.

Corleone

It appears to be scanner related as the PC has not shut down since it has been removed.

next problem, how to get Win 2000 drivers for the scanmagic 600cp that doesn't cause the computer to restart...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online