Solved PC is running very slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aziin

Hi, lately I have been experiencing a lot of problems with my PC and I feel like I've tried practically everything. At first I thought it had to be a virus and ran multiple scans but found nothing. I even checked to see if it was PC clatter and cleaned up my PC for space but this still didn't work. I restored my PC which sort of worked. What I mean by sort of worked was some days my PC would run very slow like it is now and some days it would run perfectly, but now instead of it working good at all everything just runs slow. My PC is now running everything slow, from chrome to games. I mostly play games which makes me frustrated because I heard of something called a Bitcoin miner which uses 100% of my GPU. I looked into this but it turns out my GPU is using the normal amount it should be in games and other things. I have no idea what it is, and what i'm doing wrong. Please help!

These are my PC specs:

Processor - AMD FX-8350 8 core AMD @ 4ghz

Ram - 16GB DDR3

Motherboard - MSI 970

Video Card - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 4GB

SSD - 128GB

aziin

What's the idle CPU, Memory, HDD, and GPU usage?

Is the SSD nearing full?
While idle, my CPU uses 1-4%, my memory uses 3.5/16 GB which says 21%, my HDD uses 0-1%, my GPU uses 0-1%, and my SSD has 44.3 GB's left of 128 GB's.

Thanks for the help!
~Aziin

aziin

Did you do anything before this started happening? Software/hardware change?
So I was speaking to my friend because he was trying to fix my windows because it wasn't activated. I downloaded this program he told me too, but I didn't think it was the right one so I instantly deleted every sign of it on my PC, this was before the restore with everything so I don't know if it's still that or not.

TechSupportPenguin

Daniel
Banned
So I was speaking to my friend because he was trying to fix my windows because it wasn't activated. I downloaded this program he told me too, but I didn't think it was the right one so I instantly deleted every sign of it on my PC, this was before the restore with everything so I don't know if it's still that or not.
You did a restore because this program was making your performance suffer?

What program did you download?

aziin

You did a restore because this program was making your performance suffer?

What program did you download?
I did a restore because after removing the application my PC was starting to get random lags, then I got the blue screen of death which made me restore my PC.

And I will look for the program.

TechSupportPenguin

Daniel
Banned
I did a restore because after removing the application my PC was starting to get random lags, then I got the blue screen of death which made me restore my PC.

And I will look for the program.
Are these "lags" similar to the ones you are currently experiencing?

aziin

My friend said it was profullversion but wasn't sure exactly.

TechSupportPenguin

Daniel
Banned
Yes, my applications were very slow and so were my games, but it would fix itself after a while, now it's just slow with everything.
You activate Windows threw Windows. Do not attempt to activate it any other way, it will almost always cause issues.

That being said, your issue started after you installed this program, you did a system restore and the issue that was caused by this program persists.

How far back did you restore it to?

aziin

You activate Windows threw Windows. Do not attempt to activate it any other way, it will almost always cause issues.

That being said, your issue started after you installed this program, you did a system restore and the issue that was caused by this program persists.

How far back did you restore it to?
I'm not entirely sure how far it restored me to, but the whole story starts when I downloaded this program, it had already looked very fishy and I removed all traces of it. My PC was completely fine until I had restarted it. When I had gotten on I noticed that all of my applications and games were running very slow, for example CS:GO was around 200 FPS+ always to 10 FPS. I didn't think it was the profullversion application so I tried many other ways to get my PC to run better ( I didn't download anything to fix it I changed windows settings, changed NVIDIA settings, and looked for driver updates). When I was in my Windows settings I found that my CPU was only using 4 cores instead of all 8 so when I had changed it to 8 it wanted me to restart my PC, which I did. When I did so I found that I was getting the blue screen of death and could not start my PC in anyway. The only way was through a full PC restart or a restore. I wanted to keep my files so I did a restore. Once I did so my PC was still running slow, but I was still able to access everything. I downloaded this new program called Rougekiller which actually helped a lot. This anti-virus//anti-malware program had found many things and when I removed them all my PC started running fine. After about 2 days it all started acting up again but it would turn off and on, but now I am stuck here where it is continuously slow. I have tried scanning multiple times but it comes up empty handed.

Thanks and hopefully this information can help.

TechSupportPenguin

Daniel
Banned
I'm not entirely sure how far it restored me to, but the whole story starts when I downloaded this program, it had already looked very fishy and I removed all traces of it. My PC was completely fine until I had restarted it. When I had gotten on I noticed that all of my applications and games were running very slow, for example CS:GO was around 200 FPS+ always to 10 FPS. I didn't think it was the profullversion application so I tried many other ways to get my PC to run better ( I didn't download anything to fix it I changed windows settings, changed NVIDIA settings, and looked for driver updates). When I was in my Windows settings I found that my CPU was only using 4 cores instead of all 8 so when I had changed it to 8 it wanted me to restart my PC, which I did. When I did so I found that I was getting the blue screen of death and could not start my PC in anyway. The only way was through a full PC restart or a restore. I wanted to keep my files so I did a restore. Once I did so my PC was still running slow, but I was still able to access everything. I downloaded this new program called Rougekiller which actually helped a lot. This anti-virus//anti-malware program had found many things and when I removed them all my PC started running fine. After about 2 days it all started acting up again but it would turn off and on, but now I am stuck here where it is continuously slow. I have tried scanning multiple times but it comes up empty handed.

Thanks and hopefully this information can help.
Have you tried running MalewareBytes? It's free and works like magic for getting the junk off your computer.

If you can identify it, is the process for this program running in the background? I am having trouble believing that it slipped threw the system restore. It may have caused damage to the OS itself if it attempted to activate it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online