PC is stuck trying to reset

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Plutomonkey

The last couple of weeks my Philips PC has begun a habit of randomly shutting down and restarting. I ignored it; it was annoying, but everything else still worked fine. But it's gotten more and more frequent, and a couple days ago I tried resetting the whole thing, reinstalling Windows. I am not very learned in the ways and lingo of computers, so maybe I'm doing something incorrectly, but the reset didn't succeed. Now what I have is a computer that starts up, pretends to be very busy doing something, but always ends up at a blue screen with a bunch of options. I can't sign in, I can't get past the blue screen. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Operating system is a 64-bit. Philips model BC01C-00000078710.

Looks like we have to re-install Windows. You were going to reset anyways, so hopefully you have already backed up your data.

To make a Windows set USB memory stick win 8 GB of space. Download and run MS Media Creation Tool. It will load all the setup files onto the USB memory stick. ( it will erase everything on the stick originally)

The on the problem PC, boot the USB memory stick. And when you arrive at the partitions screen, delete all partitions and let setup continue with the unallocated disk space to load Windows onto.

If you haven't backed up your data, remove the HDD to another PC and plug it in. Then you can copy out all the data you want.

Plutomonkey

Looks like we have to re-install Windows. You were going to reset anyways, so hopefully you have already backed up your data.

To make a Windows set USB memory stick win 8 GB of space. Download and run MS Media Creation Tool. It will load all the setup files onto the USB memory stick. ( it will erase everything on the stick originally)

The on the problem PC, boot the USB memory stick. And when you arrive at the partitions screen, delete all partitions and let setup continue with the unallocated disk space to load Windows onto.

If you haven't backed up your data, remove the HDD to another PC and plug it in. Then you can copy out all the data you want.
I'm going forward with that now, working first on saving my data off the HDD as I hadn't backed it up. Looks like I need a specific cable to connect the 3.5 inch SATA to a different PC.

Plutomonkey

Okay, I was finally able to save all my data off the HDD and then did a successful reinstall of Windows 10, which went flawlessly. After everything was ready and the desktop screen open, the first thing that popped up was a notification informing me that there was an impaired or corrupt driver somewhere. "Restart PC to repair drive errors," it said. If not, PC's performance, among other things, would be affected. So I'm wondering if this drive error was what caused the initial problem of random shut-down-restart.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online