1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC just shuts OFF as if someone is unplugging it randomly....HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mspure, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mspure

mspure Thread Starter

Stop: c000021a {Fatal System Error} The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000189 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.

That was the first time i got any message. I have a systemax computer and am on windows xp sp3, but after a friend came in from out of town to visit, i noticed him on my pc and thought nothing of it. Then when i would use it, it would just cut OFF as if the power source was being removed, not the actual shutdown process. But i would be able to cut it back on, however, usually right after logging in or as i try to open a program, it cuts off again. I kept cutting it back on and tried a program from microcenter called 'system mechanic'. it said i had 95 registry errors and it fixed everything....or so i thought. I used my pc again happily for a whole 2 hours then, it cut off again. then I couldnt get it back on. when i tried it gave me the above message. It wouldnt even start in safe mode. I thought i ruined my pc, but then i remembered that when i leave it alone until after midnight, it comes back on.... i left it alone until 6 am this morning, and i insalled a fix it program from MS, i just want to make sure this will actually fix the problem and want to know what caused it, what does that mean? This guy became very upset with me and did a lot of petty things b4 i put him out like unplug my mouse, keyboard, and speakers from pc and broke my ac! and more. Plus i know he is a pc hater and a very strong advocate of MAC, Is this possibly something he has done to my pc or was the timing just coincidental?:confused:

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi best to stay away from Registry cleaners - cause more problems than they solve.
    Try..
    Reboot - tap F8
    Choose.
    Safe mode with command prompt..
    Log on as administrator.
    Type.
    %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe
    Press enter>Choose>Launch system restore.
    Choose date prior to the problem.

Do you have the original install Cd?
    Error message.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!