PC keeps crashing

trxyuiop

Hello , i recently bought a new pc and i built it by myself , its has HDD WD Blue 1TB
RTX 2060 6GB dualoc
Corsair TX550M
I5-10600 comet lake
Asus Prime B460MJ-A
It just crashes randomly for example when I'm opening CS:GO and sometimes even when opening Chrome , I updated all the drivers , what can I do?

Last edited:
Hello trxyuiop,

Asus Prime B460MJ-A
Not finding this board anywhere I`m afraid.

for example when I'm opening CS:GO and sometimes even when opening Chrome ,
Both require an Internet connection so there could be a connection but to help determine this we will need some additional info.

After you installed Windows did you then install the chipset drivers for the MB either from a disk provided or by downloading them from ASUS.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here, this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s.

To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:

In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.

In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.

Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Once Windows had been installed version 2013.14.0.1529 of the chipset drivers should have been installed, these are the most important drivers as they are what allows all the other hardware to communicate with the MB, you can download the drivers from here

Install these drivers, restart then post back with an update for us and we will help you to address a couple of other things.

crjdriver

Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B460M-A/HelpDesk/

When you install windows, it done in the following order;
1 Install the operating system
2 Install chipset/motherboard drivers [for an intel this is the .inf driver]
3 Install sound, nic/lan driver
4 Download and install the video driver from the nvidia support site
5 Install any other drivers or utilities you need
6 Run windows update and install any updates as required

Failure to install in the above order can result in drivers not config correctly.

Sorry but if you want us to be able to help you need to give us something to work with :(

What didn`t work.

What happened exactly and what was the computer being used for when it happened

crjdriver

Then you are going to have to do some troubleshooting. Start by checking your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any other following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. There should be monitoring software on the support page for your board. Use that to monitor temps/voltages. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages. Post screenshots of your monitoring program showing both the normal and stress test readings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online