1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc Keeps Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mayfield_Problem, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mayfield_Problem

Mayfield_Problem Thread Starter

Hi,
    I woke up this morning and turned my pc on,I have not been feeling very well for the last 2-3 days so I haven't been using it but my brother has so I know it has been working.I switched it on and it booted up,It got into windows and opened up the start-up programs (such as windows messenger,etc.),I attemted to close one of these programs and it just froze,I waited 5 mins but nothing happened so I had to just switch it off incorrectly.I just bought the pc a few weeks ago and it came with a fully genuine windows XP SP2 and it has been working perfectly no problems at all.Anyway when I went to switch it back on it went to the windows loading screen (with the scroling side-to-side bar) and it jsut flashed a blue screen and went off,I know what these blue screens are but it was so fast I coudnt see the error message,I then tried to switch it on again,and it just cut out again at the same point,Ive tried starting it in Safe mode and every mode possible,But it always just cuts out,sometimes before it even is on for more than 2 secs.I then thought it must be some error or something so I attempted to install windows xp again,This just wasnt possible every time I get to the windows xp install blue screen it just cuts out,So my original windows is still on there,I have not installed any new hardware or anything on the computer recently.The pc just doesnt stay on for more than 2 minutes,the fans are all working .I have left the pc on for long intervals as I have been downloading some large items I dont know if that could be the problem but I havent left it on for anything over the last few days as I have been sick,Any help would be much appreciated and if you have any questions just ask,Thanks

2. Dan O

Dan O

I hope you are feeling better.

Your PC sounds like it has a hardware problem, which as bad memory, video, or power supply. Being so new I would take it back where you purchased it for assistance.

3. Mayfield_Problem

I have now cleaned it all out,removed all the dust that might have caused overheating,I have also put in a more powerful heatsink fan to help cool the processor more,But it is still going off PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!

4. Mayfield_Problem

I have inserted a new power supply,This just does the same thing,I will try taking out the ram and putting in new stuff,I bought this off of an Ebay company brand new so I cant go for assistance or I would,Thanks for your help though,Despo to get this sorted out as got a lot of stuff on there,Thnx

5. Dan O

Dan O

Adding a more powerful heat sink fan as you found out will not fix a hardware problem. It like trying to fix a broken leg with a band aid.

Good luck.

6. Dan O

Dan O

The problem could also be a bad motherboard.

7. Mayfield_Problem

Do you know what could have caused it,And is there anyway to find out which part is faulty so I can fix or replace it ?

8. Dan O

Dan O

You must use the process of elimination. You should start my having the memory tested, or try memory from another PC that is working properly. Then continue checking out each of the other PC components that can be swapped out, such as a video card.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice