1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC keeps logging out of AOL

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by michaelrennie, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michaelrennie

michaelrennie Thread Starter

Over the last few days, I keep getting a message saying that I am no longer logged into AOL.

I haven't physically logged myself out, so what is the problem?

Also occurs on my wireless Laptop Windows 7.

2. n00b1001

n00b1001

try, reinstalling or updating aol,

but if it also occurs on you laptop, it maybe a router problem.

are you still connected to the internet, just aol logged out?

3. michaelrennie

Still connected to the web

4. michaelrennie

OP here again

I am still getting the problem of AOL consistently logging off whilst working with my e-mails.

I want to re-install AOL as you suggest, and have got printed instruction from AOL how to do this.

However I am a little perplexed.

On my list of programmes on the control panel, AOL is not listed, so how am I able to remove it to re-install!!! When I purchased the PC AOL was installed.

I am also a little worried that during a re-install I may lose all of my personal items such a Favourites etc. etc.
    pretty well total lack of technical know how. At nearly 70 everything is difficult for me to absorb. (LOL)

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    On xp on the control panel in the list of installed programs aol should be listed as aol uninstaller.if you want to remove it just follow the instructions. it will ask you what you want to remove.you shouldnt lose anything on the reinstall it asks you what you want to save.im guessing you bought a used computer as brand new ones havent had aol on them in years.the last brand new computer i had that had aol preinstalled on it was on windows 98.and it was aol 4.0.just take your time with it we were all new at this at one time or another.i dont know what version of aol you have now but the newest one is aol 9.7 which works with xp and windows 7.

6. michaelrennie

Thanks for the reply 'Sueohio', much appreciated.

I think you must have missed what I had written in my original posting, one of my problems isthe fact that AOL is NOT listed in my list of 'Add or Remove' programmes, which I strange, but there must be a logical reason.

An update on my problems.

My laptop, which is wireless, is also experiencing the same error, of continually logging off from AOL.

When I also add calendar appointments, as soon as I click to enter the appointment details, nine times out of ten, it will log out of AOL.

So two computers, same problems. The other computer is on Windows 7.

If I re-install AOL on the PC, will it automatically do the install on the laptop on the router? (I think not!)

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Apparently there is some sort of a problem with your router or modem then i would guess.If aol isnt listed in the add/remove then again theres something wrong somewhere. it could also be that the aol software is corrupted somehow on both computers. but no reinstalling aol on one computer wont reinstall it on the other one automatically.

8. michaelrennie

OP here.

I have just realised that my original posting, describing the fault, is incorrect.

I keep being logged out of AOL when I visit AOL's web page and manage my e-mails.

I have now installed AOL as a programme and find that the problem does not occur.

Does this shed any light on being continually logged out.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice