1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC keeps shutting down a few minutes into a game

Discussion in 'Games' started by DeluxeCowboy, Jun 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeluxeCowboy

DeluxeCowboy Thread Starter

I had this issue since yesterday: whenever i try to play a game it seems like my PC just shuts down after a few minutes. I have no idea what causes this. So far i tried reinstalling one of the games, i ran a bunch of memtests overnight and am generally helpless right now.

-Whenever it happens my screen goes black and i get a tiny message from the screen itself that would appear aswell whenever i just power the screen. I can still hear ingame sound, but only the ambient sound. Everything like movement or attack sounds are gone. There is no FPS loss or anything indicating the issue, it just shuts down and i have to restart the PC to get any control back.

-The issue seems to appear with games that are a little more "complex" (Dead by Daylight, League of Legends) as it didnt happen with simpler games (Hearthstone). It doesnt seem to matter that a game is in fullscreen, borderless or windowed, as it still crashes without fail.

I really hope someone can point me into the right direction here. If there is anything i can do to help the diagnosis, I'll gladly do it. I dont even know if its a software or hardware problem so far and if its fixable or not.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173165

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice