PC Keeps shutting down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lilbiteb

Hi there,

I've been searching about the site but can't find anything that relates to the problem that I've been having. I hope that someone can help as I'm sure that it's a pretty simple thing to correct!

For the past few days if I leave my pc for about 15 minutes it just turns off as if it has gone into some kind of standby. I have to turn the monitor back on and wiggle the mouse and it starts back up with the screen exactly as it was before it went off. It isn't the same as going into standby as when i do that I have to use my user password to get back in. I don't have a screensaver at the moment but it kinda reminds me of one.

I hope that this makes some sort of sense.

I have Windows XP.

Many Thanks :)

lilbiteb

Thank you very much Bandit. I've done that now, hopefully it should solve it.

Isn't it odd how these silly little things happen sometimes and completely throw you.

Merry Christmas and thanks again.:)

Yes it sure can be challenging at times...thank you for the Merry Christmas....and you are most certianly welcome.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online